See Something Missing?
Let us know what API you would like to see in our collection.
Key Police UK API Resources
DNS Nameserver Host: Amazon.com, Inc.
Developer Site: https://data.police.uk/docs/
Postman Collection: TBD
Open API Specification: TDB
Latest Police UK API News
- US Government Issues New Executive Order Targeting Persons Threatening Peace ...
These UK sanctions implement financial and travel restrictions on the designated persons. Please see here for our recent blog post regarding the ...
- Executive risks fresh stand-off with UK Government after making decision on regional rate rise
"Despite the UK Government giving Northern Ireland this funding as part of the Barnett Consequential, our local small businesses are not going to see ...
- Smarter regulation: proposed changes to legislation for electrically assisted pedal cycles
The government proposes 2 changes to the regulations on electrically ... [email protected]. Write to: EAPC consultation team. Third Floor
The early 19th century marked the beginning of policing history in the United Kingdom. 1829 saw the establishment of the modern police force with the creation of London’s Metropolitan Police Service.
When he served as Home Secretary, Sir Robert Peel founded the service. Gradually expanding over time, the police force was able to form regional units and consolidate smaller units into larger ones.
Police UK consists of 43 different police forces, each with responsibility for a specific geographic area. It is up to the police to maintain law and order, prevent or detect crimes from happening while also protecting citizens.
In recent years, the organization has encountered various difficulties. Budget cuts, increasing crime rates, and the requirement to adjust to new technologies and criminal threats are among them.
The official website of the UK Police is Police.uk, which provides information on crime and policing in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. An intricate infrastructure involving various APIs has been created in order to facilitate public access to data and information through this website. The following APIs are included:
- The Police.uk API allows individuals to acquire information about criminal activities, such as their location and type, in a designated region.
- Get insights into your locality’s policing services with the help of the Neighbourhood Policing API. Access contact details of your area’s police officers along with tips to prevent criminal activities.
- The Street-Level Crime API provides detailed information on individual crimes. The details provided include when exactly a particular event took place along with its corresponding time frame, what category of offense was committed along with any implications thereof based on ensuing police investigations.
These APIs’ performance is crucial in delivering accurate and current information to the public. By keeping track of API performance, the UK Police works towards maximizing its efficiency while minimizing downtime.
Police UK gives top priority to security due to the sensitive data and information it handles. By implementing various techniques like encryption, access control mechanisms, and frequent auditing for security purposes, the organization secures its data & system.
The UK Police has had several high-profile data breaches in recent years, nonetheless. The compromise of personal data and information on criminal investigations occurred in these incidents.
Technical problems or system upgrades often cause the UK Police to experience downtime occasionally. Yet the organization has worked hard to decrease downtime by implementing duplicate systems and developing robust disaster recovery plans.
Police UK is frequently featured in news headlines, particularly with regard to noteworthy criminal investigations and incidents of police misconduct. The organization has received negative feedback due to concerns surrounding racial prejudice, implementation of power, and insufficient openness. To improve accountability, transparency and community engagement in response, the UK police has launched several initiatives.
Ready To Start Monitoring?
Want to learn more? Check out our technical knowledge base, or our sector by sector data, or even our starters guide to the API economy. So sign up immediately, without a credit card and be running your first API call in minutes.